Why RPAC? + Thank You Major Donors
Hillary Clinton once said it takes a village to raise a child. It also takes a village for Realtors to support the three key elements of the Realtor Party Agenda:
- Protect private property rights
- Make housing attainable and affordable
- Preserve a healthy marketplace for real estate
I want to recognize and thank the village that supported RPAC in 2023:
RPAC Hall of Fame ($25,000+ Lifetime)
- Don Cleveland, BuyHartwellLake, LLC
- Rusty Garrett, BHHS C. Dan Joyner
- Lorraine Harding, Lorraine Harding Real Estate
- Carolann Newton, Jackson Stanley Realtors
President’s Circle + Golder R Level
- Reah Smith, Lake Keowee Real Estate
Golden R Level ($5,000)
- Justin Winter, Justin Winter Sothesby’s International Realty
Sterling R Level ($1,000 to $2,500)
- Dianna Brouthers, Western Upstate Association of REALTORS®
- Bob Fedder, Axcent Realty
- May Galloway, Our Fathers Houses
- Peggy Hill, Western Upstate Association of REALTORS®
- Nora Hooper, RE/MAX Executive
- Andy Lee, Lake Keowee Real Estate
- David Phillips, Silver Star Real Estate
- Brenda Poling-Chandler, RE/MAX Realty Professionals
- Rick Stroud, Great Homes of South Carolina
- Clay Vassey, Real Broker, LLC
Your REALTORS® Association has formed REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC) to support the campaigns of REALTOR® Champions. RPAC is a partnership between the National Association of REALTORS® and state and local REALTORS® associations.
RPAC is non-partisan. We are aware of party affiliations—it’s hard not to be. But party affiliation is not a consideration. The primary consideration is a candidate’s understanding of and support for Realtor issues and positions which are strictly that—real estate.
RPAC is important because the plain truth is it takes money to campaign for office. For Realtor Champions to be elected, they need our financial support. RPAC allows Realtors to collaborate to support those Realtor Champions, many of whom are Realtors too.
To decide who receives support from RPAC, a team of Realtors interviews candidates and asks that they complete a questionnaire. Their recommendations are considered by the board, which makes the final decision.
More than 90% of Realtors in the Western Upstate are registered to vote, which is amazing. But just 27.5% supported RPAC in 2023.
I hope you will consider supporting RPAC in the future. It’s easy. We put a voluntary suggested contribution of $25 on every Realtor’s dues invoice—$100 for brokers. Pay it and you have supported RPAC. If you haven’t supported RPAC this year, click here to help your association support REALTOR® Champions for public office.
Michael Dey, Director of Government Affairs
Did you know?
In the Pickens City Council race, Western Upstate Realtor Allie Winter needed just four more votes out of 1,593 cast to avoid a runoff. Your vote matters. Please VOTE.